Author: Raphael Bannerman-Quartey

Writer/Talker/Pundict. I have Sports at heart.

Ghana international midfielder Thomas Partey has signed a one-year contract with Saudi Pro League club Al Shabab, the club confirmed on Friday. The 33-year-old joins as a free agent after his contract with Spanish side Villarreal expired at the end of last season. Partey made around 30 appearances for the Yellow Submarine during his sole campaign there. The move ends 13 years in European football for the experienced defensive midfielder. He previously starred for Atlético Madrid, where he won the Europa League in 2018 and contributed to a La Liga title, before a five-year stint at Arsenal (2020–2025) that saw…

Read More

GFA announces GHC 9.5m prize  for 2026/27 Ghana Premier League at the 32nd Ordinary Session of Congress at the Ghanaman Soccer Centre of Excellence in Prampram. The Ghana Football Association has unveiled a GHC 9.5 million prize money package for the 2026/27 Ghana Premier League season, marking a significant boost for top-flight clubs. READ MORE : Spanish club Girona FC signs Abdul Mumin The league champions will pocket Ghc 3 million, while the runners-up receive Ghc 1 million. Third place is worth Ghc 800,000 and fourth place Ghc 750,000. In a further show of support, every Premier League club will be…

Read More

Elisha Owusu has officially completed his permanent move from AJ Auxerre to Turkish Süper Lig side Erzurumspor FK. The 28-year-old midfielder ends his three-and-a-half-year spell in France to join the newly promoted Turkish club. READ MORE: Karela United hit with FIFA registration ban Owusu joined Auxerre from Belgian side Gent in January 2023 for a reported 500,000 Euros and quickly established himself as an important player in the French club’s midfield. He made over ninety appearances for the French club. READ MORE: Karela United hit with FIFA registration ban The Ghanaian will hope to establish himself as a mainstay with…

Read More

Spanish club Girona FC has signed Abdul Mumin ahead of the new season. The 28-year-old Ghanaian center-back leaves Rayo after four years and as a free agent. READ MORE : George Afriyie casts doubt on Desmond Ofei selection as Black Stars coach His final season at Rayo was ravaged by a serious knee injury suffered in March 2025. He returned to action in April 2026. Mumin trained at the Right to Dream academy and later at Nordsjælland and Vitória Guimarães before arriving in La Liga in the summer of 2022 to join Rayo Vallecano, making 60 total appearances, contributing 3 goals…

Read More

Karela United has begun processes to challenge a transfer ban imposed on the club by FIFA over an outstanding financial obligation involving former player Sana Camara. FIFA’s Disciplinary Committee has imposed a ban preventing Karela United from registering new players at both the national and international levels. In a statement, the club said it was surprised by the decision, insisting that it has been contesting the claims and engaging with FIFA and the parties involved to resolve the matter. “We are surprised by FIFA’s decision to impose a transfer ban on us,” the club said. Karela United added that its…

Read More

Ghana Premier League side Karela United FC have been handed a registration ban by FIFA after failing to settle a financial obligation owed to player Sana Camara. The sanction, communicated by FIFA in a letter dated August 17, 2026, means Karela United are currently prohibited from registering new players at both the national and international levels. According to the correspondence issued through the FIFA Legal Portal, the decision relates to an earlier ruling under case number FPSD-23160, in which the club was ordered to fulfil its financial obligations towards Camara. FIFA said it had determined that Karela United had still…

Read More

 Asante Kotoko head coach Eric Tinkler has lamented the poor state of pitches in the country. This comes after the club’s training friendly against Hearts of Lions in Accra, where he spoke passionately about the pitch on which the game took place. READ MORE: “I will stop Kurt Okraku’s third term – George Afriyie asserts Speaking to reporters after the game, he said it would be harder to implement his possession-based style of play considering the state of the pitch. “The pitches are not good. We want to play a possession-based game. The pitch makes it much harder.” “I can’t…

Read More

Former Ghana Football Association (GFA) Vice President George Afriyie has made a bold declaration regarding the governance of the nation’s football governing body. According to him, he would do everything within his power to get a new face to ascend to the highest position in the country’s football office. READ MORE: George Afriyie casts doubt on Desmond Ofei selection as Black Stars coach This comes after many suggested that the current President, Kurt Okraku, wants to go for another term as President, having served two previous terms already. “I will do everything in my power to see a new person…

Read More

Former Ghana Football Association (GFA) Vice President George Afriyie has shared strong views on the ongoing search for a new Black Stars head coach. During the interview, he questioned the potential appointment of Desmond Ofei, who has been tightly linked to the vacant Black Stars job following the inability of the Sports Ministry and Carlos Queiroz to reach a notable agreement. READ MORE: Nana Agyemang Badu II Park misses out on approved GPL venues Afriyie believes making him the senior national team boss would be a step backwards for the country. According to the football administrator, Ofei is best suited…

Read More

Asante Kotoko’s Brands and Partnerships Manager, David Obeng Nyarko, has cautioned players that their image rights belong to the club, and that strict rules now apply to their social media activity. Addressing the squad, he educated them on the need to seek permission before they embark on any social media activity He said, “You need to seek permission from the club before going live on TikTok as a Kotoko player because you have given the club your image rights.” The message forms part of a broader briefing on what players can and cannot do once they have signed over their…

Read More