What we collect
We collect the following information when you sign up:
- Your email address.
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
What we do with the information we gather
Apart from using your email address to contact you with the latest Squawka related news and updates, we require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies are small bits of text that are downloaded to your computer or other device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognise you and can then tailor what you see on the screen.
1. To provide you with the service you have asked for (Essential cookies)
For example keeping you logged in during your visit. Without cookies the site might forget you and you’d have to constantly log back in. When you buy tickets, cookies make sure they’re still in your shopping basket when you get to the checkout.
2. To provide you with adverts that are more relevant to your interests (Advertising cookies)
3. To analyse and improve your browsing and email experience (Analytics & Customisation cookies)
For example, for analysis purposes, we like to know what pages and links are popular, including the information in our emails, and which ones don’t get used so much to help us keep our sites and emails relevant and up to date. We also use them to customise your visits to the site, for example to remember choices you make such as your language or region.