Jesse Lingard netted a brace but Paul Pogba was sent off as Manchester United beat Arsenal 3-1 in a breathless match at the Emirates Stadium.

United were ahead after only four minutes when Laurent Koscienly’s crossfield pass was cut out by Antonio Valencia, who played a one-two with Pogba and beat Petr Cech.

Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez saw a free kick blocked before the visitors doubled their advantage after only 11 minutes.

Manchester Back To Winning Ways As Pogba And Ibrahimovic Return

This time, Romelu Lukaku stole the ball from Shkodran Mustafi, who wanted too much time, and played a pass to Anthony Martial, whose flick freed Lingard to finish low into the corner.

But less than five minutes into the second period, Arsenal had the goal their pressure deserved, Lacazette lashing in after Sanchez and Ramsey had opened up the United defence.

Back came United, who were within an ace of restoring their two-goal lead when Cech made a fine save to deny Lingard, the ball looping back off a post and Arsenal breaking to fashion a chance for Iwobi that De Gea stopped.

But seven minutes later United were two clear again, Pogba played in on the right by Lingard and going past Laurent Koscielny to square for Lingard, running on, to tap home.

Devastating counter-attacking held the key for Liverpool as they continued their good run with a thumping 5-1 victory at Brighton.

Liverpool dominated the early possession and took the lead on the half-hour when Emre Can headed home, doubling their advantage two minutes later when a flowing counter gave Firmino the chance to finish from close range.

The home side almost got back into it when Mignolet saved Murray’s close-range effort early in the second half — but from that stop, Liverpool produced another brilliant counter, with Firmino again rounding it off to make it 3-0.

Brighton got one back almost immediately when Jordan Henderson pushed Shane Duffy in the area and Murray converted from the penalty spot.

The home striker continued to cause problems for Liverpool and almost cut the deficit to 3-2 when he swivelled to send an effort a whisker past the post, but Coutinho fired home a free kick and then Lewis Dunk put through his own goal.

A sparkling two-goal performance from Eden Hazard helped Chelsea come from a goal down to beat Newcastle 3-1 at Stamford Bridge and go level on points with second-placed Manchester United.

Newcastle profited from defensive uncertainty after 12 minutes when a long ball over the top enabled Jacob Murphy to threaten and, when Thibaut Courtois thwarted him, Dwight Gayle slid the ball home.

That woke the champions up and, after Andreas Christensen had hit a post, they were level with 21 minutes gone when Eden Hazard sent his finish into the ground and over Newcastle keeper Karl Darlow.

Man City Remain Unbeaten After Sterling’s Late Heroics, Arsenal Win Late On

Shortly after the half-hour, resurgent Chelsea were in front as Victor Moses fizzed in a cross and Alvaro Morata thumped the header past Darlow, and Hazard was on the mark again when he dinked home a penalty given for Matt Ritchie’s 74th-minute foul on Victor Moses.

Ten-man Tottenham Hotspur took a point from Watford in a 1-1 draw at Vicarage Road.

Spurs could have taken an early lead when a teasing low cross from Kieran Trippier just evaded Harry Kane, but the hosts broke through after 13 minutes when Tom Cleverley’s corner was headed home by an unmarked Christian Kabasele.

Richarlison appeared to be fouled by Ben Davies inside the area moments before Spurs raced to the other end to level after 25 minutes when Son Heung-Min turned in Christian Eriksen’s cross.

The visitors were down to 10 men after 52 minutes when Davinson Sanchez was punished for catching Richarlison in the face with an arm.

Abdoulaye Doucoure was soon agonisingly close to re-establishing their lead when his cracking strike hit the inside the post, and Watford appealed in vain for a late penalty when they felt a Richarlison cross had been handled.


Facebook Comments